Undraleu® – Code Review Tool
Undraleu® is an enterprise class code review tool that can perform reviews of Informatica PowerCenter code. It comes with a library of best practices to choose from to check the code conformance against. The tool addresses role specific review requirements e.g. Project Manager, Developer, Business stakeholder and any others who have an interest in the quality of the code. It is easy to use; the user logs in, selects the code to be reviewed, then selects the best practices that the code is expected to conform to and runs conformance checks and receives a review report. This process takes minutes, saving huge amount of time while facilitating a consistent and comprehensive coverage of code review. The standards to be conformed to, can be defined at a project level by the technical lead or subject matter expert at the beginning of the project. For companies that require stricter control on code quality, some standards can be defined at the company level which will be inherited by all the projects. This provides a unique path towards consistent standards across the company thereby accelerating and facilitating governance over ETL systems.
Features & Benefits:
Some of the key features/benefits of Undraleu® are:
Provides reports with different perspectives for developer, technical lead, application managers, architects or other business or technical stake holders:
- Provides a dashboard indicating a general overview of the health of the code profiled highlighting an impacted category of code quality e.g. Maintainability, Performance, Documentation etc.
- Reports on the code non-conformance from a developer perspective e.g. all best practices not followed by a mapping, re-usable transformation, workflow, mapplet, session or worklet
- Reports on violations for each best practice from a technical leads perspective e.g. lists all code that does not handle errors as per the standards.
- Reports on category of violation – detail behind the dashboard. E.g. lists all code that do not conform to performance best practices e.g. Maintainability, Performance, Documentation etc.
Other Key Features/Benefits:
- Focus on your ETL design/development and use Undraleu for the code quality management
- Promote Agile Development and accelerate ETL delivery – no need for subject matter expert’s (SME) precious time to perform review of ETL code developed by team members. SME can create rulelists at the beginning of the project
- Review ETL code for specific aspects e.g. Performance, Maintainability, Complexity or proactively pin point “hotspots” for potential issues
- Manually select code to review e.g. Mapping or Session or Workflow etc. or Folder/Repository or select code based on Deployment Group or Labels
- Adapts to your development team structure
- Receive latest in industry best practices through best practices updates
We can review your code and recommend best practices most suitable to your environment.