With a simple motto of “Never miss a code review,” CoeurData presents Undraleu®, an enterprise-class tool that enables best practice-driven ETL development. The hallmark of Undraleu® is code benchmarking against best practices for developers without changing processes or sacrificing agility and comprehensive ETL performance monitoring for IT management. Undraleu® enables defining and monitoring conformance to best practices and reviewing ETL code in an automated, efficient and corporate manner.
Informatica ETL Code review just can’t get any simpler
Undraleu offers a robust and ever growing library of ETL best practices out-of-the-box functionality enabling customers to conduct the Code reviews, and get immediate answers from a single place without the need to extract information from multiple peers in the organization.
Whether you are a manager wanting to have an insight into the quality of the ETL code being developed at a high level or an ETL developer wanting to ensure your ETL code meets the standards your organization has set to be met, Undraleu can help with its role specific code review dashboards and detail reports.
Undraleu’s easy to use interface and simple review process requires just two inputs, the code to be reviewed and the benchmark rulelist, to get detailed reports and summarized dashboards serving different perspectives. The code can be any Informatica PowerCenter object e.g. Mapping(s), Session(s), Folder(s), Repository(s), Label or Deployment Group. The benchmark can comprise of Enterprise, Project, User, Category (performance, maintainability etc.) or Criticality (Critical, Showstopper, Minor etc.) related best practices.
Besides the time saved using the automation, Undraleu enables enterprise wide consistency in ETL Development. Given the benefits of automation the review cycle can be repeated multiple times within a very short time bringing agility to ETL development.
The standards to be conformed to can be defined at an enterprise level and implemented at a project level, enabling and promoting consistency and comprehensive coverage. This will be particularly useful for companies that require stricter control on code quality or have strict SLA’s. Undraleu provides a unique path towards consistent standards across the company with an added benefit of improved productivity in support and maintenance.
Enterprise Best Practices Regime
- Automated and self-service Informatica PowerCenter ETL Code review to control code quality
- Definition and monitoring of Enterprise, Project or User level best practices
- Enterprise ETL Standards definition, conformance and monitoring with its role specific reporting capabilities to review code for compliance to best practices transparently, consistently and comprehensively
- Ready to use Library of best practices – no more need for excel or word maintained checklists
- Focus on your ETL design/development and use Undraleu for the code quality management
- Promote Agile Development and accelerate ETL delivery – no more need for subject matter expert’s (SME) precious time to perform review of ETL code developed by team members. SME can create rulelists at the beginning of the project
- Review ETL code for specific aspects e.g. Performance, Maintainability, Complexity or proactively pin point “hotspots” for potential issues
- Manually select code to review e.g. Mapping or Session or Workflow etc. or Folder/Repository or select code based on Deployment Group or Labels
- Adapts to your development team structure
- Standardize your Informatica PowerCenter Code across your enterprise
- Reduce Cost, Defect Density, Rework and time-to-market
- Gain detailed and/or high level insight into ETL code quality
- 100% coverage to the set standards
- Improve Agility
- Focus on development and leave ETL Code quality control to Undraleu
- Receive latest in industry best practices through best practices updates
Undraleu Illustrative Screenshots:
Click Image for a Larger View
Code & Best Practice Selection Screen
Here is where you select the Informatica Code object to review and the Rule List (a rule list is a group of one or more best practices to be conformed to).
Code Review Category Dashboard
This Dashboard provides a quick overview of the health of the code classified into different areas of impact e.g. Performance, Maintainability etc.
This Dashboard provides a quick overview of the health of the code classified into different levels of impact e.g. Critical, Major, Information etc.
This report gives details of the non-conformance found in the Informatica code objects selected.
Technical Leader Report
This report provides details on which Informatica code objects violated a specific check.